Planning for Resilience in East Africa through Policy, Adaptation, Research, and Economic Development (PREPARED)
This was a six-year programme with the overall goal of strengthening the resiliency and sustainability of East African economies, trans-boundary freshwater ecosystems, and communities.
PREPARED targets three key priority development challenges of East Africa and of the US Government:
- biodiversity conservation / natural resource management (NRM) and sustainable access to water,
- sanitation and hygiene, and
- Climate Change.
The programme sought to:
- Improve Climate Change adaptation technical capacity, policy leadership and action readiness of regional institutions.
- Strengthen resilient and sustainable management of biologically significant transboundary freshwater ecosystems in the East African Community region.
- Enhance resilient and sustainable drinking water supply, sanitation, and wastewater treatment services in the Lake Victoria Basin.