The information on this web portal is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright notice, privacy protection policy and a fraud alert.
The East African Community (“EAC”) maintains this web portal (“portal”) to enhance public access to information about its initiatives and EAC policies in general. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate.
EAC administers this portal for itself and on behalf of the East African Legislative Assembly (EALA) and East African Court of Justice (EACJ). All Material on this portal is subject to these terms and conditions. Unless otherwise provided, any reference in the present terms and conditions to “EAC” includes EALA and EACJ.
If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them at our soonest possible.
However, the EAC accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this portal.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the EAC services have no control and for which the EAC assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text. Only the Treaty for the Establishment of the EAC, Protocols and their respective Annexes, Acts of the Community and the East African Community Gazette (ISSN 0000211), are authentic and produce legal effects.
Every effort is made to keep the portal up and running smoothly. However, the EAC takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the portal or any linked external sites being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Where this portal contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), the user agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, the user agrees that when using a Forum, the user shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
The user acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, the user acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by EAC, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by EAC.
EAC reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from users, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Links to Third-party Web Sites
This portal contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the EAC and EAC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. EAC provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by EAC.
Linking to the EAC Web Portal
Generally, Internet web sites/portals may link to the EAC web portal without seeking the permission of EAC. However, such links must clearly identify EAC as the source of the information displayed and preserve the integrity of EAC portal pages without alteration.
This disclaimer may be appended to in the future to cover other matters of importance not currently under consideration at this writing.
This web portal and its content is copyright of the East African Community; © East African Community 2015. All rights reserved.
All materials that appear on this portal are the exclusive property of EAC or of its content providers, unless otherwise indicated.
EAC encourages users to print, download, or copy information from this portal exclusively for personal and non-commercial use. Users may not resell, redistribute or create derivative works for commercial purposes without the express, written consent of the EAC.