CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
THE 3RD EAC REGIONAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION CONFERENCE, 6TH -8TH MARCH, NAIROBI, KENYA
Theme: “Accelerating development and diffusion of Science, technology and Innovation solutions for a resilient East Africa”
East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO) and the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) in collaboration with various STI stakeholders in the region and globally are jointly organizing the 3rd EAC Regional STI Conference, as an avenue for sharing experiences, best practices and applications of STI outputs, strengthening collaborations, facilitating regional integration and sustainable development.
The 3rd EAC Regional STI Conference is convened under the overarching theme of “Accelerating development and diffusion of Science, technology and Innovation solutions for a resilient East Africa”. This biennial Conference builds on the deliberations and success of the 1st and 2nd conferences, which were respectively held in Kampala, Uganda in 2019 and Bujumbura, Burundi in 2021. The Conference will bring together diverse actors in the STI system, including policy makers, industry players, academicians, researchers, innovators, students and development partners.
The Conference aims to be a multifaceted platform for the STI players in the EAC region and beyond and \shall consist of keynote presentations, paper presentations, panel discussions, exhibitions and high-level policy makers interaction session.
Abstracts shall be submitted in aspects of the following subthemes under each thematic area but not limited to areas specified:
Thematic Area 1: Agricultural Productivity, Resilience and Food Security
- Climate Change Mitigation and Carbon Sequestration;
- Precision Agriculture Technologies and Data Science in Agriculture;
- Genetic and Genomic Research for Resilient Crop Varieties;
- Soil Sciences for improved Soil Health;
- Food Systems, including supply chains, distribution, and waste management; and
- Value Addition and Agribusiness.
Thematic Area 2: Health and Nutrition
- Communicable Diseases
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Maternal & Child Health and Reproductive Health
- Nutrition and growth
- Medicines and Vaccines
- Environmental Health
- Community Health Systems
- Biomedical Engineering and E-health, Disability and rehabilitation
- One Health
Thematic Area 3: Natural Resources Management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Forestry and agroforestry
- Oil, Gas and Minerals
- Waste management
- Water resources
- Wildlife and Tourism
Thematic Area 4: Information Communication Technology and Digital Economy
- Artificial Intelligence
- Embedded systems
- ICT for X (government, commerce, agriculture etc.)
- Internet of things
- Inclusive Digital services (financial, health, education etc.….)
- Efficient computing technologies and algorithms
- Data analytics, Data Science and big data
- Cyber Security
- Blockchain Technology
- Satellite/Space Science and Technology
GUIDE TO AUTHORS
Submission shall be in two stages:
- Submission of abstracts: Each abstract shall not exceed 300 words, and shall be in MS Word, New Times Roman, font size 12, with no more than 5 keywords. The deadline for submission of abstracts is 30th Nov 2023. Successful abstracts will be published in the pre-conference book of abstract.
- For Accepted abstracts: Authors of accepted abstracts shall be required to submit full conference papers and PowerPoint presentations before the conference.
In addition, authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit their papers to be published in the East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation.
Participation in the conference will be largely through self-sponsorship. However, the Conference may sponsor a limited number of participants whose papers demonstrate exceptional quality and relevance to the themes. Applicants are advised to seek sponsorship from their employers and other organizations which provide sponsorships to conferences.
The abstracts shall be submitted electronically by filling and submitting online form https://forms.gle/x69gfyF9mmyVQezW6 , not later than 30th November, 2023
- Submission deadline- 30th Nov 2023
- Authors notification deadline -15th Jan 2024
- Submission of final revised abstracts deadline- 31st Jan 2024
- Conference Dates – 6-8 March 2024
Plot M833, Kigobe Road, Kyambogo
Telephone: (+256) 414256251/2