IUCEA General Assembly elects new members of the Governing Board (2022-2024)
Bujumbura, Burundi, 10th July, 2022 : The 13th General Assembly of Inter University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) has elected new members of the IUCEA Governing Board and Prof. Calixte Kabera, Vice Chancellor, East African University, Republic of Rwanda as the Chairperson, for two years (2022-2024).
The General Assembly, which is the highest policy making organ of IUCEA, is comprised of Vice Chancellors and Principals from Member Universities, representatives of Ministries responsible for Higher Education and representatives of the Private Sector from EAC Partner States.
The IUCEA Governing Board is responsible for providing oversight on all operations and activities of IUCEA to ensure effective execution of its mandate.
Members of the Governing Board
The new members of the governing board include:
- Joseph Nyandwi, Director Général, Institut National de Santé Publique
- Jean Nshimirimana, Rector, Martin Luther King University,
- Prof. Isaac Kosgey, Vice Chancellor, Moi University,
- Prof. David Gichoya, Vice Chancellor, Kenya Methodist University,
- Prof Nosa O. Egiebor, Ag. Vice Chancellor, University of Rwanda,
- Prof Deng Manash Mach, Vice Chancellor, Rumbek University of Science & Technology
- Fr. Mathew Pagan Daniel Padiet, Vice Chancellor, Catholic University of S. Sudan
- Prof. Joy C Kwesiga, Vice Chancellor, Kabale University
- Prof. John Mugisha, Vice Chancellor, Cavendish University, Uganda
United Republic of Tanzania
- Prof. Andrea Pembe, Vice Chancellor, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences,
- Prof. Costa Rica Mahalu, Vice Chancellor, St Augustine University of Tanzania.
For additional information, contact
Godwin Bonge Muhwezi
Communication Officer – EASTRIP
Inter University Council for East Africa
About Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA)
Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is an institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for the coordination of higher educational development and research. IUCEA is responsible for advising the EAC and the partner states on all matters regarding higher education including operationalization of EAC Common Higher Education Area.