Other initiatives in Renewable Energy include:
- Comprehensive Energy Conservation and Efficiency Strategy and Plan. The ToRs for this initiative have been developed and funding is being sourced.
- Renewable Energy Master Plan. This will feed into the Regional Energy Master Plan. ToRs have also been developed and funding is being sourced.
- Energy and Environment Partnership. The Energy and Environment Partnership (EEP) programme is an initiative that supports private sector to develop renewable energy projects in Southern and Eastern Africa. The EAC Secretariat is a member of the supervisory board. The overarching aims / objectives of the of the EEP-S&EA programme are:
- Make a meaningful contribution to the region’s collective efforts in overcoming energy poverty and improving energy security by means of contributing to increased access to modern, affordable and reliable energy services through an increased usage of renewable energy technologies
- Influencing regional energy policies, by means of dissemination of lessons learned, and thus contributing to an enabling environment for renewable energy entrepreneurs and investment
- Providing a constructive and collaborative regional forum for information exchange and dissemination of lessons learned
Selection of projects to be funded under the EEP programme is through a competitive call for proposals. For more information please refer to www.eepafrica.org.