Call for Abstracts: 9th East African Health and Scientific Conference
The 12th Ordinary Session of the EAC Council of Ministers in the year 2006, approved the Regional East African Health and Scientific Conference & International Health Exhibition and Trade Fair to be convened in East Africa and hosted on a rotational basis by the EAC Partner States through their respective National Ministries responsible for EAC Affairs, the Ministry responsible for Health, and other relevant institutions and bodies, and in close collaboration with regional and international health-related NGOs, civil society organizations, individuals, and other stakeholders in the region.
Based on the Protocol establishing the East African Health Research Commission (EAHRC), the Commission is tasked with the responsibility of coordinating the East African Health and Scientific Conference.
The EAHRC has already organized 3 regional East African Health and Scientific Conferences (the 6th, 7th and 8th EAHSCs). The Republic of Rwanda will host the 9th EAHSC.
Main theme, Subthemes and Symposia of the 9th EAHSC
The 22nd Ordinary meeting of the EAC Sectoral Council of Ministers of Health held on 15th July 2022 at EAC headquarters, Arusha, United Republic of Tanzania approved the main theme of the 9th East African Health and Scientific Conference (EAHSC): ‘’Strategies and Challenges to Preparedness and Response to Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases: Lessons Learnt from the COVID-19 Pandemic’’.
The 9th EAHSC will have the following Sub-themes and symposia:
- Innovative approaches and interventions to strengthen health systems, leadership and governance for management of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Is the World prepared for future pandemics? Success, opportunities, and challenges in management of COVID19 and Ebola.
- Addressing social, economic, and political impacts caused by COVID-19 pandemic.
- Harnessing digital technologies for preparedness and responses to communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Manufacturing and regulation of Medicines, Vaccines, Diagnostics, and other health technologies in the context of Epidemics and Pandemics
- Traditional and Herbal Medicines use, practices and believes during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Beyond health systems: socio-economic, political and security issues and their impact on preparedness and response to the COVID-19 and Ebola
- Regulatory System Ecosystem and Access to Medical Products and Diagnostics and Establishment of African Medicines Agency (AMA) in the context Emergencies, Epidemics and Pandemics.
- Integration of prevention and management of HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other infectious diseases with reproductive health initiatives
- Global challenges and opportunities for prevention and control of NCDs
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should be submitted responding to a specific sub-theme of the conference;
- Abstracts must be written in English and not more than 300 words;
- The scientific subcommittee will review and communicate only to successful applicants;
- The scientific subcommittee will issue a conditional acceptance to the authors concerned once their paper proposal has been chosen for presentation;
- Deadline for submission: 25th July 2023;
- The format for submission should be Microsoft Word and the Font is Arial 11.5
Only those applicants whose abstracts are accepted will be contacted. Abstracts that are submitted after the submission deadline will not be considered and the organizers will not be held responsible for any such late submissions. All abstracts must be submitted in English. They must also meet the word number and font requirements. Abstracts submitted in a different language will not be considered and the organizers will not be held responsible for not considering any such abstracts. Submitted abstracts that are accepted will be published in the East African Health Research Journal, and references will be made to the source of the abstracts. Due to the limited time available for oral presentations during the conference, some of the abstracts that are accepted may only be published in the book of abstracts.
Important Conference Dates:
Open Submissions of Abstracts
26th June, 2023
26th July, 2023
Abstract Submission Deadline
25th July, 2023
Exhibition Booth Hire Deadline
29th September, 2023
27thth September, 2023
29th September, 2023
For more information on 9th EAHSC, visit the conference website: conference.eahealth.org