EAC-RNPHRL-CD Project Objectives
The EAC Regional Network of Public Health Reference Laboratories for Communicable Diseases aims to reduce the burden of communicable disease outbreaks to the population by strengthening the capacity of the EAC Partner States to respond to suspected outbreaks timely.
- To strengthen sustainable structures at National Public Health Laboratories and capacities for the rapid identification of infectious disease outbreaks by establishing mobile diagnostic laboratories
- To strengthen capacities in EAC Partner States to respond to pathogens of bio-safety level (BSL) 3 and 4 and other outbreaks of infectious diseases, prone to cause cross border epidemics
- To enable EAC countries to mobilise from within country as rapid first line response
- To enable the identification of pathogens by establishing broader screening diagnostics capacity
- To enhance the capacity of the EAC Partner States to respond to suspected outbreaks timely