Specific Procurement Notice
Invitation for Bids [IFB]
PROCUREMENT OF TWO (2) ALL-TERRAIN DRIVE STATION WAGON VEHICLES (ATVs)
IFB Number: EAC/CBP/IFB/22-23/0004
Purchaser: The East African Community Secretariat
Project: The East African Community Capacity Building Project
Contract title: Supply of Two All-Terrain Drive Vehicles
Country: The United Republic of Tanzania
Grant No.: 2100155041467
Procurement Method: Open Competitive Bidding (National) (OCBN)
Issued on: 12th May, 2023
- The East African Community (EAC) has received financing from the African Development Bank hereinafter called the Bank toward the cost of the EAC Capacity Building Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for “the supply of two all-terrain drive vehicles”. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing, except for those payments, which the contract provides to be made through letter of credit.
- The East African Community now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for two all-terrain drive vehicles of station wagon body types to be delivered at the EAC Headquarters located in Arusha, Tanzania.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Open Competitive Bidding (National), (OCBN) method as specified in the African Development Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework for Bank Group Funded Operations dated 4th October, 2015 which is available on the Bank’s website at www.afdb.org and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Framework.
- The bidding document in English can be downloaded free of charge from the EAC website, https://www.eac.int/procurement-open
- The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods.
- Bids must be delivered to the Address below by Friday, 30th June, 2023 at 11.00am and opened thereafter in the presence of bidders’ representative who choose to attend.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Framework requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
The Secretary General
East African Community
Barabara ya Afrika Mashariki,
P. O. Box 1096,
Tel: +255 27 2162100,
Fax: +255 27 2162190,
DOWNLOAD: BIDDING DOCUMENT FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF TWO (2) ALL-TERRAIN DRIVE STATION WAGON VEHICLES (ATVs)