EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
EAST AFRICAN SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY COMMISSION (EASTECO)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) TO DEVELOP ONLINE PLATFORM FOR THE EAST AFRICAN REGIONAL INNOVATION, TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND COMMERCIALISATION
(Individual Consultant Selection)
Reference Number: EAC/ESTECO/RFPs/005b/2021
1. EASTECO invites competent and eligible Individual Consultants from the EAC partner States to submit their CV and Financial Proposal for services above. The Terms of Reference defining the minimum technical requirements for these services are attached as Annex 1 to this Request for Expression of Interest.
2. Only Individual Consultants are eligible for this assignment provided that they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
a) They are not being bankrupt or wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into arrangements with creditors, have suspended business activities, are being subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are being in any similar situations arising from a similar procedure provided for in the national legislation or regulations of EAC Partner States;
b) They have not been convicted of offences concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which haves the force of res judicata; (i.e. against which no appeal is possible);
c) They have not been declared guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which EAC Secretariat can justify;
d) They have not fulfilled obligations related to the payments of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those countries where the contract is to be performed;
e) They have not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the EAC’s financial interests; or
f) They are not being currently subject to a penalty resulting from an Administrative Review.
3. Your Expression of Interest must be presented in English as per the Three Standard Expression of Interest Forms attached as Annex 2 to this REOI in English language and be accompanied by copies of all the indicated supporting documents.
4. The submission MUST contain: Filled & signed application/cover letter; Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Financial Proposal; copies of academic and professional certificates & testimonials; copies of Contracts/Orders/Appointment letters and the Official Referee letters and/or Completion certificates.
Interested candidates may submit their bids:
- Alternatively, submit via registered mail, courier service or hand delivered in a plain SEALED envelope with consultancy’s subject and reference provided above and addressed to:
5. The REOI document is posted in the Commission’s website provided below, under opportunities/procurement/tender opportunities/consultancies. Any clarification or addendum shall be posted in the same place. Bidders are therefore advised to be regularly checking in the said website.
The Secretary, Procurement Committee,
East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO),
Queensland House, 5TH Floor, Kacyiru,
So as to be received not later than the same deadline given above, i.e. Thursday 3RD December 2021 at 3 PM East African Time, or 2 PM Rwanda Time. Opening of the applications shall follow immediately after this time. The EASTECO is an equal opportunity employer. Female and Youth candidates are encouraged to apply.