EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FINANCIAL AUDIT SERVICES FOR FEASIBILITY STUDIES AND DETAILED DESIGNS OF THE MULTINATIONAL UGANDA/TANZANIA: MASAKA – MUTUKULA / MUTUKULA – KYAKA & BUGENE - KASULO ROADS
- The East African Community (EAC) has received funds from the African Development Bank through the NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD – IPPF) towards the cost of the above road projects’ preparations and it intends to apply part of the agreed amounts of the grant proceeds to payments under the contract for Audit Consultancy services.
- The objective of the audit is to enable the auditors to express a professional opinion on the financial position (balance sheet) and on the statement of receipts and expenditures of the Project covering each financial year.
- The scope of the assignment shall involve the carrying out of financial and management audits of the Consultancy services for the preparation phase (Feasibility Studies and Detailed Design) of the Project. The documents to be reviewed shall be available in Arusha, Tanzania or online.
- The East African Community now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, registration documents, legal status, tax compliance, financial status, litigation status, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework dated October 2015 which is available on the Bank’s website at afdb.org.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information from the office of the Director of Infrastructure, East African Community; at the address below during office hours (from 0800 hrs to 1700 hrs).
- Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 7th May, 2021 at 1200 hrs (East African Standard Time) and mention “Expression of Interest to provide Audit Consultancy Services for the Feasibility Studies and Detailed Designs for Multinational Roads Linking Uganda and Tanzania”. EOI documents received after the appointed date and time will be rejected. Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
The Secretary General
East African Community
EAC Headquarters Building,
Afrika Mashariki Road, EAC Close
P. O. Box 1096, Arusha, Tanzania
Tel: +255 27 2162100,
Fax: +255 27 2162190,