REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Sector: Financial Sector ADF Grant No: 2100155023918 Project ID No: P-Z1-HZ0-003
The East African Community (EAC) has received financing from the African Development Fund (ADF) toward the cost of the implementation of EAC Payment and Settlement Systems Integration Project (EAC-PSSIP) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for the Implementation of a Central of Payment Incidents (CPI) for the Bank of the Republic of Burundi (BRB).
The main objective of the consultancy is to develop and implement a Central of Payment Incidents (CPI) for Bank of the Republic of Burundi (BRB). The specific objectives of this consultancy will include, among other, the following:
- Review the minimum expected functionalities of the CPI and make necessary modifications/ additions that are necessary and effective to achieve objective of the implementation of a CPI at the BRB;
- Provide detailed specifications of the CPI according to the expectations expressed by the BRB and modifications and/or additions made by the Consultant and validated by the BRB;
- Finalize the discussions on the functional and technical specifications of the CPI as provided;
- Develop the different applications/modules required from the CPI;
- Ensure the knowledge transfer to the BRB's technical team by closely involving its members in the development of the applications/modules required by the CPI;
- Provide the integration tools (interfaces) of the CPI with the different information systems of the participants;
- Collaborate closely with the integrators/providers and users of the information systems linked (or to be connected) with the CPI;
- Ensure compliance with the security of the target system (CPI) and scalability;
- Provide the necessary documents and tools for system testing, start-up and operation of the CPI solution;
- Perform the tests of the system and ensure that the CPI solution meets the functional and technical requirements expressed in the detailed specifications of the system;
- Make available to the BRB all the complete documentation on the product;
- Ensure the effective commissioning of the system and assist the Central Bank for a period on one month after go live;
- Provide system support and maintenance for a period of at least five (5) years from the date of expiration of the warranty
The working language throughout the mission period will be FRENCH.
The EAC Secretariat now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (company background information, legal documents of the company, description of similar assignments, experience in similar projects, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Fund’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” (May 2008 Edition, Revised July 2012), which is available on the Fund’s website at http://www.afdb.org. The EAC Secretariat is under no obligation to shortlist any consultant who expresses interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 0800hrs – 1700hrs Arusha local time. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below via email or hand delivery by Monday 19th August, 2019 at 1100hrs Arusha local time and mention “Consultancy Services for the Implementation of a Central of Payment Incidents (CPI) for the Bank of the Republic of Burundi (BRB)”.
The East African Community (EAC)
Att: Project Manager, EAC-PSSIP
AICC, Kilimanjaro Wing,
5th Floor Room No. 510