REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Sector: Financial Sector ADF Grant No: 2100155023918 Project ID No: P-Z1-HZ0-003
The East African Community (EAC) Secretariat has received financing from the African Development Fund (ADF) toward the cost of the establishment of EAC Payment and Settlement Systems Integration Project (EAC-PSSIP) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Individual Consultancy Services for Development of a 10- year Strategic Vision and Comprehensive 5-year Strategic Plan for the East African Bankers Association (EABA).
The specific objectives of the consultancy are:
- Define the, core values and motto of the Association;
- Define key strategic objectives, key issues (internal and external) to be addressed in the next 5 years and Undertake a SWOT analysis for the Association;
- Define 5-year activities and work plan with timelines and performance indicators;
- Define a 10-year strategic vision and key success indicators for the Association;
- Develop best practice governance and communication processes; and
- Review the potential for alternative sources of funding to augment member contribution through fees.
The consultant should possess the following:
- The consultant must have at least a Master's Degree in areas related to Planning, Policy Making and Development of Strategic Plans;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in strategic planning and management;
- Prior working experience on developing strategic plans for banking associations or regional organizations in financial sector, with at least 3 similar assignments;
- Experience in development of organizational and governance structure for membership-based organizations, including policy development, management and programming work;
- Demonstrated experience in working with international partners and other stakeholders in banking and financial sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with multiple stakeholders; and
- Good communication and computer skills and excellent writing and analytical skills.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for this consultancy can be obtained from the EAC website at www.eac.int/ on Tenders portal or requested directly from the contact indicated below.
The EAC Secretariat now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (letter of interest, Update CV, proof of their qualifications i.e. certificates, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, reference letters, etc.).
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Fund’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” (May 2008 Edition, Revised July 2012), which is available on the Fund’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below via email or hand delivery by Monday 19th August, 2019 at 0900hrs Arusha local time and mention “Individual Consultancy Services for Development of a 10-year Strategic Vision and Comprehensive 5-year Strategic Plan for the East African Bankers Association (EABA)”.
The East African Community (EAC)
Att: Project Manager, EAC-PSSIP
AICC, Kilimanjaro Wing,
5th Floor Room No. 530 Arusha, TANZANIA