EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY SECRETARIAT
NYERERE CENTRE FOR PEACE RESEARCH
Our Ref: NCPR/CO/25/2023
Date: 19th May 2023
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER PROGRAMS 2023 AT THE NYERERE CENTRE FOR PEACE RESEARCH, ARUSHA – TANZANIA
The Nyerere Centre for Peace Research (NCPR), is an innovative collaboration between the East African Community (EAC), Arcadia University’s International Peace and Conflict Resolution Program and the American Graduate School for International Relations and Diplomacy.
The objective of the Centre is to provide the East African Community (EAC) policy process with timely, relevant and empirical research information as well as capacity-building training that enhances peace and security, political affairs and international relations towards EAC integration.
It is with this background that the NCPR is happy to call for applications for the following Summer Courses
Week 1: 19 - 23 June 2023 – Conflict Mediation
- Gain and appreciation of the causative factors of serious conflicts
- Understand the challenges in mediation and conflict resolution
- Gain an Overview of the sources of conflict and the mediation process,
- Develop conflict resolution skills as applied to complex organizational dynamics and institutional politics;
- Identify and demonstrate the essential elements for effective listening and responding, questioning and gathering information, and effective note taking.
Week 2: 26 - 30 June 2023 – Leadership & Peacebuilding
- Understanding the norms underpinning conflict resolution promotion, peacebuilding and leadership.
- Understand models of peacebuilding leadership;
- Gain knowledge of organizational dynamics, and processes, and best practices for organizational dynamics.
- Skill in resolving workplace disputes with patience, empathy and respect.
- Determine the type of leadership most appropriate for peacebuilding goals
- Be fluent in the benefits and key concepts of conflict analysis and organizational peacebuilding
Professionals should provide a proof of employment to their institutions, filled the Application form.
Students must be enrolled to a University/University graduate.
Scholarships for the Summer Courses will be available for the participants reflective of equal representation of gender and the Partner States.
Upon completion of the course, professionals/students will attain a certificate of completion through Arcadia University and American Graduate School in Paris.
How to apply
For more information or further clarifications please call +255 762 414 486; +255 694 959 739
Important dates and deadlines:
• Release of call for applications – 19th May 2023
• Application Deadline – 9th June 2023
DOWNLOAD: NYERERE CENTRE SUMMER PROGRAMS 2023 APPLICATION FORM
DOWNLOAD: NYERERE CENTRE SUMMER PROGRAMS 2023 FLIER