Senior Procurement Officer
The East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO) is an Institution of the East African Community charged with governing the Partner States’ co-operation in the development and implementation of Science and Technology. The vision of the Commission is to contribute to a prosperous, competitive, secure and united East Africa through collaboration in science, technology and innovation. The mission is to promote and coordinate the development, management and application of Science and Technology in the EAC Partner States, for an innovative, competitive and integrated East Africa, and for the wellbeing of her people.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at the East African Science and Technology Commission:
Organ / Institution: East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO)
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Job Grade: P2
Job reports to: Executive Secretary
The Senior Procurement Officer develops and Implements procurement policies and processes for the Commission in line with the EAC rules and regulation. S/He initiates preparation of Annual Procurement Plan, receiving and reviewing requisitions for clarity, adequate specifications and to ensure that bidders are able to respond to the quotation appropriately, receiving and processing purchase requisitions from users, originating tender documents, consolidating and preparing recommendations for tender awards, expediting deliveries and updating and maintaining procurement transactions records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review EASTECO procurement policies, guidelines and procedures and past performance of the Commission in order to make recommendations for improvement;
- In consultation with the user departments prepare, implement and monitor the Annual Procurement Plan;
- Undertake, complete and assist in specific procurement projects and provide ongoing monitoring as required including working with department heads throughout Annual Plan;
- Plan for all the supplies needs for the Commission and formulate supplies policies and guidelines;
- Receive, review and process Purchase requisitions from User Departments; ensure that purchase requisitions have clarity, adequate specifications, for bidders to be able to respond to the tender/quotation appropriately. Group the requests into homogeneous categories and identify sources of supply;
- Offer logistical support for meetings and travel requests
- Compiling Tender documents for the EASTECO Tender Board Committee and make follow-up; Prepare minutes and reports of Tender board meetings;
- Advise user departments on procurement guidelines in areas such as drawing specifications and terms of reference right;
- Consolidate and prepare recommendations for award of tenders/quotations, and initiate draft notifications of awards and regret letters;
- Carry out inspections to assess utilization and control of supplies.
- Be the chief custodian of EASTECO’s stores and stock
- Update and Maintain suppliers’ databases and records of all Procurement Transactions for the Commission.
- Expeditiously follow up supply of goods and services and forward certified invoices to Accounts for payment;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Supplies Management or equivalent.
Must have a certificate in Procurement and supply operations
Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, of which 3 must be in a similar position, with practical experience in the field of Procurement for Goods and Services.
Skills and Competencies:
a. Proficiency in standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office and specialized applications like SUN system, SAP, or Oracles is essential;
b. Self-starter with excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to work independently with little guidance and oversight in a fast-paced environment;
c. Reliable, positive and effective team player with a track record working in multi-disciplinary teams and delivering results through collaboration;
d. Good Customer Relations, Negotiation skills, effective Communication and Report writing skills. Excellent written and verbal communications in English
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above positions are tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once and are subject to the application of the EAC Quota System.
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
The interested candidates who meet the above criteria may submit their applications either electronically or in hard copy but not both to the address below, comprising the following:
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than, Wednesday, 16th August 2017.
- Letter of motivation, with the job reference
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of the biodata page of passport/ID;
- Certified Copies of degree/certificates;
- Professional testimonials;
- Daytime telephone contact;
- Names and contact addresses (with telephone and emails) of 3 referees.
The Executive Secretary
Email: info [at] easteco.org
To be received not later than at 5PM East African Time.
All potential applicants are advised to visit the EAC and EASTECO websites: www.eac.int and www.easteco.org for details of these positions including the required qualifications, duties and responsibilities.
Application Deadline:Wednesday, 16 August 2017 - 5:00pm
Job Description: EASTECO - Senior Procurement Officerdisplayed 128 times
East African Community
EAC Close, Afrika Mashariki Road
P.O. Box 1096
United Republic of Tanzania
Tel: +255 (0)27 216 2100
Fax: +255 (0)27 216 2190
Email: eac [at] eachq.org